At least some people coming to their senses.



Why open the door? If you open the door to one group building in Grant Park, a City Park this could open up the floodgates for more museums, or what have you. With so many other sites to consider, this makes no sense that they are hell bent on this Children's Museum in Grant Park. Would anyone consider a South Side location?

Now as a Chicagoan I avoid Navy Pier, it is the most crowded place in Chicago, especially on a nice day. It is so crowded most days that the signs on Grand Avenue say the parking garage is full? It looks like a big multilevel parking garage to me, but I can believe it when I try walking around Navy Pier and it is worse than any rush hour close to Union Station.

Now why wouldn't a South Side location be considered? Hmmm.....Yep a lot of North Siders believe we have some gang banger posted on one corner per intersection just waiting to do a drive by shooting. No you could not get a North Sider to go South of China Town or Hyde Park, they think it is too dangerous. To think, Daley was once a South Sider, well he kind of still is, but Hyde Park isn't, well, the real South Side, even though it is on the South Side, technically.

Earthquakes??


5.2-magnitude earthquake centered in southern Illinois rocked people awake across the Midwest early Friday, surprising residents unaccustomed to such a powerful tremblor.

The quake -- one of the strongest ever recorded in Illinois -- occurred just before 4:37 a.m. and was centered six miles from West Salem, Ill., and 66 miles west of Evansville, Ind.


I was talking to one of my friends this summer, she was telling me when she was at her parents house she could not open the window over the sink because her parents hang up a wind chime there in case of an Earthquake. I asked her when her parents moved to California? She said "They never moved, they are still in the same house", and I said "They still live over by Currie High School", she said "yes". I said "What is with the Earthquake warning system they have going on there?" She went on to tell me that they have been hearing that Illinois is on a big "Fault" and it will occur and they want to be warned so they can take cover. OK, so I am going to have to ask her how their warning system went.


4 Comments:

  1. TV Digital said...
    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
    SP Biloxi said...
    A 5.2 earthquake in Illnois? Wow. Global warming for sure.
    KittyBowTie1 said...
    Earthquakes don't happen because of global warming like bigger hurricanes and more tornadoes. But, I think Mother Nature is pissed at Gov. Baloneybitch and the Toddler and is putting them on notice.

    ;-)
    SP Biloxi said...
    "But, I think Mother Nature is pissed at Gov. Baloneybitch and the Toddler and is putting them on notice."

    LOL! And I guess the longer that Baloneybitch and Urkel stay in office, the more earthquakes in Illinois. Yes, kittybowtie. With the Gerbil messing up this planet, weird events happens in states that are surprising. Time to get a earthquake kit.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

 

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.