What next?







At work earlier this week one of my co-workers was telling me he has to go on cholesterol medicine and that he can't give up his ice cream. I told him I was lucky to be lactose intolerant so I won't have to worry about it. He let me know the nuts and corn chips will get me. Now they tell me Chinese food will too. What next?


An 86 year old Cook County employee was put on desk duty when reporters found out he did not have a valid drivers licence, and his position required driving. A couple of things came to mind. Are so many elderly working because they have to, or do they want to? I give this guy a lot of credit for still working regardless.

Virgil M. Poole, productive 86 year old

Cook County Health care for Cook County only The county's increasing caseload of indigent patients has been made worse by other counties' public health departments, who send their patients to Cook County for specialty care they can't provide, Suffredin said.

"The health departments of these various counties have actually given people Metra tickets and maps on how to find the Stroger (Hospital) emergency room," he said. "Those patients when they arrive, arrive with a diagnosis."
Obviously these other counties need to do something with their residents for pay for some of Cook County services

Cook County worker is getting 1K for stress from her boss
This lady needs to deal with stress, get used to it the people who schmooze the most become bosses, because the rest of us are too busy doing out job and doing it right to schmooze. Yes, and then you end up with a clueless leader that can schmooze the higher ups. That's how it is, and yes it seems to be worse at the county.

7 Comments:

  1. SP Biloxi said...
    An 86 year old driving without license? It sounds like Illnois doesn't have stiffer rules for elderly drivers. Like the pics of Chinatown. I am assuming.. It is a bit sad with many people in the USA with no health care. My area has to the same problem too.
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    Yes, and my insurance premiums went up and so did the deductable this year. Looks like the insurance companies are in a win-win with that one.
    Unfortunately a lot of older people have to continue to work Medicare part B is pretty steep and I hear only certain medications are covered. So this poor guy at the age of 86 may have to work for his medicine, increased property taxes etc. And did you see the picture of his car?(in the article) Looks like he is working out of necessity.
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    Yes it is China town, you assumed right!
    SP Biloxi said...
    A Kia SUV? I certainly don't have a SUV. But, that's a a nice car to drive around for a 86 year old man. He should see that SUV for his medicine. SUV are gas guzzlers. Believe my insurance went up espcially the deductibles. And we know that with the cost of prescription for the elderly that Medicaid will not pay for their presecriptions. That is why a lot of elderlies got to Canada or Mexico for medical and dental and prescriptions.
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    Well KIA s aren't the most expensive cars, but he was missing a front bumper and front light and had a few dings. But none-the-less the poor guy probably has to work, I see some very elderly folks working at produce department, checkouts at the grocery stores, and the Targets etc., gosh I hope I don't have to work those types of jobs when I am elderly.
    SP Biloxi said...
    That's the sign of the times. More and more elderly have to work because their social security will never create a lifestyle for them to live off the golden years. People in general need multiple income streams to live a lifestyle. My advice to you is to work hard and smart and not just work hard. So, prepare for the future my friend..
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    Or they had investments in Enron and the like!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

 

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.