Fertile Ground for corruption





I was listening to Jay Stewart, executive director of the Better Government Association talk about corruption in Chicago. He was saying you can't stop corruption all together but we need to get corruption in Chicago down to normal levels, because this has been such fertile ground for it.
Better Government Association

Why would I expect something different to come out of John Daley?
"It's a cut that's long overdue," said finance committee chairman Commissioner John Daley (D-Chicago). "There's no doubt people will lose their jobs, there's no doubt that clinics will have to close." In Cook County: Employees will start getting pink slips by the end of this month, Simon said, because they must be laid off before the 2007 budget is approved, no later than Feb. 28.

The harshest laws should go to people who abuse children. No second chances for this kind of slime, ever. This was accomplished by the Cook County Vice Department, hopefully they will not cut their 17% here.
Two Chicago women were charged Thursday with using popular Internet site Craig's List to sell sex with girls as young as 14 years old.

Why do people insist on driving? Really I own a car and would not be crazy enough to drive to events downtown that draw a lot of people. CTA does a good job at adding extra El's and buses, so one train/bus is full the next one will be along soon, really. And it is still faster than driving. OK so here is the usual from CTA, this time concerning the Bears game. GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!
"If you insist on driving, head to the Monroe Street and Millennium Park garages. Both are accessible from Lake Shore Drive and Michigan Avenue. Shuttle buses will be running. Don't even think about parking in the South Loop. Permit parking will be in effect. Otherwise ... Rely on public transportation." Wear your Bears Orange and GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

  1. Special Prosecutor Biloxi said...
    Good Morning/Afternoon:

    It's a crispy 43 degrees this morning. It rained last night and then it hailed this morning! And other places didn't experience hail. Global warming for sure...

    "Two Chicago women were charged Thursday with using popular Internet site Craig's List to sell sex with girls as young as 14 years old."

    That is really disgusting.. Using 14 years old girls as prostitutes..

    Great pics.. But, the second pic looked familiar. Didn't you put that same pic up when it was snowing? I think that was the same pic that I made a comment that there should be a stop sign. In the first pic, is that your neighborhood and do you got to the unisex salon?

    And so you are a Chicago Bears fan?
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    Yes that is the thing in the road without snow, I frequently drive around it.
    No I don't go to that salon.
    Yep long time Bears fan.

    Rainy today on and off low 40's.
    Special Prosecutor Biloxi said...
    Yeah, I still think that there should be a stop sign. I can see accidents in that area. My neighborhood doesn't look loke that pic but there are still people driving in my neighborhood at 50 mph because my area is quiet.

    And I have no idea who is in the NFL playoffs. I know that there is a big game tomorrow. So, I try to catch up to football. I've been concentrating on basketball...
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    I only pay attention when it's the Bears and they are playing Seattle Seahawks in Chicago.

    Like our snowman seasonal signs in the neighborhood?
    Third Generation Chicago Native said...
    Oh by the way my Alderman is on the Traffic Control and Safety committee, so we could be the experimental ward for this traffic control and safety thing in the road.
    Special Prosecutor Biloxi said...
    "I only pay attention when it's the Bears and they are playing Seattle Seahawks in Chicago.'

    You sound like my grandfather. He only watch his favorite NFL team when it on T.V. And when his team is not in the playoff, he plays memory loos with me and says that wasn't team. LOL!

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

 

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.